First off....did you know that Google Reader is disappearing on July 1st? If you use Google Reader make sure to make the switch by using Bloglovin or Feedly. I like Feedly, but it's all about personal preference.
So 1 1/2 year ago I celebrated my 30th birthday in Europe. It was amazing. My trip was jampacked with so many memories, like....
- Touring Anne Franks House
- Taking a photo with the I Amsterdam sign
- Trying Belgium Chocolate and Waffles in Belgium
- Biking Through the Countryside in Holland
- Walking through the Red Light District in Amsterdam
- Visiting the Beaches of Portugal
- Trying Pastel de Nata in Portugal
- Drinking Port in Portugal
- Having Tapas, Sangria, and Paella in Spain
- Visiting Gaudi's Work
- Pretending to be a Matador in a Spanish Bull Ring
- Enjoying the Moorish Architecture of the Alhambra Palace
Another thing I love to do is make videos of my trips. My old Macbook Pro was near death, and it made it very difficult to make videos using lots of clips. I recently upgraded to a fully upgraded Macbook Air (I am in LOVE!), and it has made loading video clips a breeze. I tested out my new system and made a video of my Birthday Europe trip....
I have to explain a few things as some of the clips will probably have you scratching your head.
I have limited videos in Amsterdam and Belgium because my camera momentarily died during a "flash flood" in my poncho while cycling around Amsterdam.
The second music choice is a song we heard quite a few times on our trip. Tell me you love it as much as I do!? Hah!
The clip of the old people in wheelchairs were our fellow passengers that we shared a flight with to Malaga. I had never seen so many wheelchairs in my life (and I work in a hospital). We were easily the youngest people on the flight!
The ridiculous dancing is a mockery of a man we met on my birthday. He had the craziest and most bizarre moves!
Yes...THAT is a clip in the video!
The "singing" at the end was an imitation of a person we encountered while having tapas in Seville. The person asked for money and then proceeded to sing....HORRIBLY!!!!
....and I'm sure you are all wondering why I decided to give myself a fake goatee? On a way-too-early bus ride to Gibraltar, both my friend and I (while half asleep) noticed two women sit next to us. When we arrived in Gibraltar we both woke up to find that the "woman" was actually a man! We laughed at our delirious confusion, and still chuckle about it till this day.
This is the time in the post when I typically apologize for being so ridiculous, but I won't this time. The crazy antics are me being me, and I kinda like that about myself. :)

5 comments:
What a fun trip!!!
I just want one of those Belgium waffles!
Word! I would go back to Belgium just for those amazing waffles!
You got to do so many amazing things on your trip. What a fantastic fun filled 30th!xx
Yes, and I think you had a fun filled 30th as well!
Post a Comment