One of the things I really wanted to do while in Toronto was to go up the CN Tower. We found that it was pretty pricey to go up the tower alone, so we decided it was a better deal to go up the tower and have lunch from the 360 restaurant. We figured we would have spent the same amount if not more if we had lunch elsewhere in addition to going up the tower.
Downtown Toronto
Going through security at the CN Tower was similar to going through security at the airport. Annoying. We went up the speedy elevator to the restaurant, and we're quickly seated by a window. We took our time enjoying the views, and made about 3 full revolving turns. We got a reasonably tasty 3 course gourmet meal. Since we are talking in 3's, I enjoyed this meal with 3 friends I met while traveling through Eastern Europe.
Standing on the glass floor of the CN Tower
After lunch we headed up to the observation deck. It was pretty typical of many observation decks I have been to throughout the world. In true fashion, I freaked out standing on the glass floor, almost to the point of hyperventilation, but I still managed to muster a smile for a split second for the photo.
After lunch we headed up to the observation deck. It was pretty typical of many observation decks I have been to throughout the world. In true fashion, I freaked out standing on the glass floor, almost to the point of hyperventilation, but I still managed to muster a smile for a split second for the photo.
On the way down was a bit more amusing for us. As I was video taping us going down the elevator a lady in her 80's said, "Ohhh Emmm Geee." My friends and I giggled under our breaths the rest of the way down. It was then officially not cool to ever say again.
Date Accomplished: July 25th, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment