Pages

Celebrate My Birthday In A Different Country

I didn't have the most exciting birthdays growing up.  My parents hated to throw parties, and most birthdays were spent at home, or going out to dinner at a fast food joint.

I wanted a birthday that I would never forget and be as far away from home as possible.

So, I planned my South America trip around my birthday.   


The day was memorable from start to finish, wine tasting in Santiago, walking along the Chilean coast, visiting a Moai statue, and a fantastic evening with friends to celebrate my birthday.

We grabbed a taxi to the Bellavista area, and we had the coolest taxi driver ever.  He blasted some Michael Jackson music to get us pumping.  We had reservations at Como Agua Para Chocolate which was named after the movie "Like Water For Chocolate."  Our table was on the second floor, far away from all the civilized people.

My friends got me a necklace, had the restaurant band sing to me, and then got me a cake.  My friend, Angel tried to smash the cake into my face, so in an act of revenge I snuck behind him and smothered his face with frosting.  It was one of my proudest moments.


Outside the restaurant we met a "street performer" that we quickly became friends with.   He made cat noises using a special whistle in his mouth, and startled people with his cat puppet as they walked by.  We spent half an hour hanging out with him, and later in the evening he joined us at the bar we proudly took over.  I think we were the highlight of his night!


We ended up at an Irish bar and started off the evening like normal human beings.  But then the beers started rolling in....and somehow we made it behind the bar pouring our own drinks!

Things got bad fast....


My friend, EJ, from New Zealand (the curly haired blond) is a wild drunk.  She dances with anyone, speaks with anyone, and flashes her boobs at anyone!  So anytime you're with EJ, you are guaranteed a wild time.  Chairs broke, body parts were flashed, and lots of kinky dancing was had. 


My birthday can only be best described in the form of a video. During the last clip of the video, we had all been dancing, and somewhat provocatively, and somehow a group of children were watching us from the door!  Innocence was broken that night!

Since then, I have also spent my 30th Birthday in Spain!

Date Accomplished:  October 23rd, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...