Pages

See A Diamond That Is Worth More Than I Will Ever Make In My Lifetime


Diamonds are a girls best friend, and in the case of the Hope Diamond, it's a girls extremely, outrageously rich best friend.

The Hope Diamond has a permanent home in the Smithsonian Natural History Museum in Washington D.C.  The deep blue diamond is an enormous 45.52 karats!

It has been considered as the most famous diamond in the world (probably only second to the fake "Heart of the Ocean" from the movie Titanic).  

It has had several famous past owners like kings, sultans,  Harry Winston (who donated it to the Smithsonian), and Cartier.

The Hope Diamond is estimated to cost $250,000,000!   Definitely worth a visit to see this historical diamond for FREE at the Smithsonian!

Date Accomplished:  May 3rd, 2009

2 comments:

allison said...

HA!!! I LOVED seeing that so much in fact that I bought a coffee mug with the hope diamond on it...I drink from it when I'm feeling blue-it's a pick me up, when I'm feeling fancy, and even though I bought it years ago, maybe 5 years ago, it STILL makes me smile! a coffee mug with a picture of a diamond-I really want to add "wear the hope diamond" to my list...even if it was for 1 second...how can I arrange that?

CeCe said...

I would love to wear it....but if we ever attempted we would probably be shot and killed!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...