Pages

Have A Coffee At The First Starbucks


Prior to becoming a nurse I hardly EVER drank coffee...even in college I would rarely drink a cup of coffee unless I needed an extra few hours of studying during finals week.  I remember one year I drank one of those Starbucks Doubleshot drinks in a can, during the test I started having heart palpitations and became extremely fidgety.  Till this day my friend who was sitting next to me during that exam still makes fun of me.  I seriously felt like my heart was going to pop out of my chest.  I swore off coffee for a few years, but then I started night shift!  7PM to 7:30AM.  Starbucks became my friend through the long nights, and then it became my friend during the day when I would try to readjust to being a "normal" person on my days off.  Thankfully I am now on day shift, and I normally only drink coffee on days I work (typically 3-4 days a week, but lately due to picking up extra shifts it has been 5-6 days a week!).

So of course when visiting Seattle I had to visit the place where Starbucks started!  It was conveniently located at Pike Place Market.  Besides the fact that "First Starbucks Store" was etched on the front window, it really looked like a plain old Starbucks (even smaller than others I have visited).  Thanks Starbucks for keeping me awake and alert when I have needed it the most! 

Date Accomplished:  June 5th, 2008

3 comments:

101 Things Before You Die said...

yeah, I'm not a big coffee drinker either. Did it taste any better there than at other Starbucks?

Things to Do said...

Yeah, when we went the line was crazy long for such a small little area!

CeCe said...

Jessica- It tasted the same, and their was a ridiculously long line!

Miranda- I actually went in the morning, and didn't get anything because of the long line. When my sister and I went later in the afternoon the line was more tolerable.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...