Pages

Enjoy Tax Free Shopping In Portland


Sales Tax can make a huge difference when going shopping, especially for larger purchases.  In San Diego the sales tax is 8% (in Los Angeles it is 9%).  Oregon is one of five states that offers no sales tax, so when I traveled to Portland I knew I had to take advantage of this.

I went to H&M and got a scarf and small turquoise purse, I went to Nordstrom Rack for two pairs of already discounted shoes (I love these shoes, and they are ALMOST as comfortable as my Toms), a magnet (that now has a place on my fridge), and postcards at the famous Powells


For proof that Portland actually offers tax free shopping here is my receipt from H&M.  *Fist Pumps* Take that California sales tax!

I wish I needed a new laptop during my visit because I would have definitely bought one there!

Date Accomplished:  August 18th, 2012

4 comments:

Stephanie Nguyen said...

Sales tax is the worst! Another state that has no sales tax is New Hampshire, which I don't live too far away from. Gotta take advantage of it when possible!

CeCe said...

I know....I just got back from Germany and they have 19% sales tax! However the tax is already included on the listed price so it is not as deceiving as our sales tax that is added after!

Dannie Sowden said...

Hope your having an amazing time on your fantastic trip! Wow, interesting about the sales tax, in England we pay a value added tax on goods, which is set at 20%!! I want your 8%, although i would much prefer no tax:-) Over here we get taxed for everything!

CeCe said...

We get taxed a lot here too! I think most of my income goes to tax! :( Thanks to being a homeowner, I thankfully get some back. 20%....yuck!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...