Rocky is probably one of the most iconic movies of all time.
The first Rocky movie was released in 1976, and it currently has SIX movies in the saga.
Rocky was predominately filmed in the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia.
Probably the most famous scene in Rocky is during the first film when he climbs the steps of The Philadelphia Museum of Art to the tune of Bill Conti's "Gonna Fly Now." The steps are now most notably known as the Rocky Steps.
There are 72 stone steps to the top. At the very top is a beautiful view of Benjamin Franklin Parkway, and a pair of footprints where Rocky once stood.
Instead of running up the Rocky Steps, I decided to skip up the steps while humming the famous tune. Because I had a real crummy September it was almost liberating doing this, it was like a celebration for conquering all the hurdles thrown at me the previous month.
I might not be a boxer, but I'm a fighter and warrior in my own way!
Date Accomplished: October 7th, 2012
3 comments:
Just saw your tweets, sorry to hear Israel is off. Any particular reason or is it the constant fighting. I only ask as one of my clients is regularly there for work and says it is not too bad out there, believe it or not. She was meant to go today actually, not sure if she has!
I knew about the constant fighting, but the recent bombings scared me quite a bit, especially when it was going into Israel (like in Tel Aviv where I was planning to visit) instead of just the Gaza Strip. I am going to just spend a few extra days in Turkey instead.
Aww, sounds cool! Love hearing about these American adventures! I tend to think when life has been a bit crappy, it can be really fun just to do something silly such as skipping up the steps, something that allows you to feel liberated and free from all the crappy issues, time to be young again.xx
Post a Comment