Pages

Photo Friday: Meerkats

July 15th, 2011

 Meerkats at the San Diego Zoo

You might be quite surprised that I took this photo at the San Diego Zoo rather than in Africa (but be sure that I'll have some Africa animal photos in future Photo Friday posts).  I surprisingly didn't see one meerkat during my month long trip to Africa.  We had a few close calls, but with closer inspection it always ended up being a plain old squirrel.  Major Sad Face!

I love Meerkats, and can watch their little curious statuettes all day long.  I happened to catch a shot of these little guys (or gals) after something to their left caught their attention.

Taken with a Canon 7D

3 comments:

Danielle Christine said...

Meerkats are too cute. I would love to see one in the wild, but I'll settle for seeing the ones in the zoo! ;)

Things to Do said...

My friend is obsessed with that show on Animal Planet about Meerkats and so when we went to the zoo, this was our first stop. It was so fun to watch them. What a great photo.

Carola said...

Great pix; good lighting too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...