Pages

Photo Friday: Colonia, Uruguay

July 8th, 2011

No the photo isn't from Santorini, Greece.  It is from a little coastal town in Uruguay called Colonia.  I took a solo day trip into the town via Buenos Aires, Argentina  (I also got 4 passport stamps in one day taking a ferry between the two countries!). 

It's a charming little town covered with cobblestone streets and fun colored doors (I'm a sucker for bold colored doors).  The town was completely walkable and safe, and filled with cute little shops and old cars.  It is definitely worth a visit if you are in Buenos Aires.  My only tip would be to take the Buque Rapido ferry.  I wish I had!  The regular ferry ride was extremely uneventful, and I spent a good 6 hours of my day on the regular ferry, versus 2 hours total on the Buque Rapido.  If you are on a time crunch or not on a strict budget (or maybe you just can't stand being on a boat/ferry) then take the Buque Rapido!

Taken with a Canon SD870

5 comments:

marjorie rose said...

Hi! New here but I immediately fell for this post and photograph. It's so beautiful! A friend of mine just got a red vespa and I'm definitely sending her this post. The colors and textures here are so amazing..

Stefanie said...

Ooh, I like your new blog layout! Pretty!

CeCe said...

Marjorie- Thanks for visiting!

Stefanie- Thanks...I just tweaked the colors and fonts on my blogger template, and made a header on picasa. Super easy!

Danielle said...

Thanks for the follow! Your blog is inspiring. :)

Things to Do said...

When I first say this, I totally thought it was in Greece. What a great photo.

PS - I'm also totally loving the new layout and your header.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...