Pages

Photo Friday: Child From The Himba Tribe

July 1st, 2011


I thought I would join the bandwagon and also start a Photo Friday series.  I take so many photos and I think more than half my hard drive is filled with photos I have taken through the years.   I always say that one of the best souvenirs you can take home from a trip are your photos.  I like to pack light, and I don't usually buy any souvenirs unless they are small and light (and near the end of my trip).  I do however, lug around two cameras.  I usually bring a point and shoot for the evenings, and in my last few trips I have also brought my digital SLR (Canon 7D).  It is a bit of a pain to lug around a huge camera, but quite honestly, I always go home and am so glad I had after looking through my photos. 

The first photo is one of my favorite little kiddos when I visited the Himba tribe in Namibia (I need to post about that experience soon).  While all the other children were following us around and trying to peek through our purses and steal our packs of kleenex, this little one was playing away with a half full pot of dirty water, and a ratty rag. She was so focused, and didn't even notice me snapping photos.  It was fun watching these innocent souls enjoying life with simple things, and it proves to me that you don't need materialistic things to make your life content and happy.

Taken with my Canon 7D

3 comments:

Things to Do said...

I love love this photo. What a great one to start your series with. I can't wait to see the other photos you share.

Annette's Bucket List Journey said...

That is an amazing photo! Makes me wish I was there!

Midge said...

Beautiful picture!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...