Pages

Take a trip with the Sunshine Kids

As I was packing for my big move, I found an old T-shirt that I had gotten from a Sunshine Kids trip I went on a few years back (it was one of my life list goals!).  I had all the kids write on the shirt as a souvenir.  I thought I would give myself a bit of a break from packing, and get in touch with some of the kiddos from that trip.

I started from the top, it was Ashley from Oregon, and my searches showed she had passed away in April of this year.  Sad.  So that ended my efforts, I was scared to find out who else may have passed away.

Ashley...right in the center, and always smiling.  RIP.

She had such a terrific time on the trip, and I am so glad I was able to help out and chaperon five kids from my hospital.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for volunteering with that organization. I had a little boy in my class who had leukemia. Today he is in the 4th grade and has the highest spirits, you would have never known he was once so ill.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...