Pages

Walk Through A Rainforest In The Rain


While in Dominica I got a chance to go hiking in the rainforest.  It had been sunny the majority of the day, but as we got closer to the rainforest we noticed dark heavy clouds looming above us.   We hiked down the path towards Emerald Pool, and as we started our trek back up to the top we started feeling light sprinkles on our face.

I'm one of those neurotic travelers that always checks the weather and carries either a small poncho or umbrella in my bag for those "What If" situations.  I'm so glad I had because it started pouring rain.  I recorded the video above when the rain had just started, by the time we got to the entrance the rain had increased 10 fold and we were soaking wet (even with my umbrella). 

As I was walking through the forest, I said to myself, "Wow how amazing is this?  Walking in the rain in the rainforest!"  Many other people agreed that was one of our better experiences of the day, despite being drenched and our hair being a tangled hot mess. 

Date Accomplished:  April 6th, 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...