The Pitons, and what's that on my face? It's called Humidity!
When I started my research of where to travel in the Caribbean, I knew I
wanted to go to St Lucia after I saw a photo of The Pitons. It was a
foggy, and rainy day in St Lucia (apparently it hadn't rained in weeks
till we got there). The spot that most tourists get their photo of The Pitons ended
up being one giant white cloud! We all headed back into the van
with frowns on our faces thinking, "What if we never get to see the
Pitons?!"
Taking water taxis to Jalousie Beach in between The Pitons
Our water taxi
We then headed to a beach where we hopped into our water taxis. I have
taken water taxis in cities before, and normally their is some sort of
dock where we cross a plank to get into the water taxi. Easy right?
Nope, no dock here. We had to walk into the water (that was filled with
sneaky pebbles that loved getting into my Keens), and then gracefully foolishly climb into
the water taxi. I saw a few people almost fall into the water, and a
few who lost their shoes in the process. We then took the water taxi to
a private beach right in between The Pitons. The ride in the water
taxi was my most favorite part of St Lucia. It was like riding along
the the coast of Hawaii. Absolutely stunning!
Jalousie Beach
At Jalousie Beach right in between The Pitons
On our way back to our cruise ship we stopped to try getting a shot of The Pitons. This time we were successful! The Pitons were in clear view! Mission Accomplished!
Date Accomplished: April 8th, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment