Pages

See Cirque Du Soleil In Las Vegas

The Cirque Du Soleil "Star" in Toronto, Canada!  I spotted it while walking their "Walk of Fame."  Cirque Du Soleil started in Canada.

Show One:  My first Cirque Du Soleil show didn't actually happen in Vegas, but I couldn't give up the opportunity to see a show called Kooza.  It was a traveling Cirque Du Soleil show that was making a stop in San Diego.  One of my friends got an amazing discount so a few of us decided to go.  I think tickets were only $30, and their really wasn't a bad seat in the house.

The preshow was already entertaining, and I loved how they kept the audience participation at a high.  It was pretty amazing, and despite the name I actually didn't think it would be so circus'y (yeah my friends and I created that word after watching it).   The dancing was mediocre, but the acts were unbelievable.  The poor souls sitting in front of me were probably sick of me saying, "Oh my god...this is crazy." I just couldn't believe that humans were capable of doing the things they did!   I am convinced that the people that created Cirque Du Soleil were high on drugs and very bohemian! 

Show Two:  Fast forward a few months later.  I was planning my big weekend birthday getaway in Las Vegas and made a list of all the things I hadn't done my other 10+ visits (which amazingly was a lot....but then again Las Vegas is always popping up with new hotels and things to do).  Well...obviously watching a Cirque Du Soleil show appeared nearly at the top of the list.  My friend visiting from Australia was up to going as well, so then during the Summer I decided to search for a show.  That probably was the most difficult part since Las Vegas has so many to choose from!  It all ended up to price point, I was on a budget, my friend was on a budget, and luckily as I was searching for shows I came across a deal to see Mystère for $50!  Unreal!  Most of the other shows were easily over $100! 

 The Entrance to Mystère

So we lined up, and the line was well out into the casino, but as soon as they started letting people in the line went fairly fast.  Just like the first show I saw they had people entertaining the audience before the show.  The set looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint as to why it did!  Again, just like the first show I was in utter awe of the talent that I witnessed.  Heck, I can't even master getting out of a bus without spraining it, and here I see people climbing poles with ease, bending body parts in ways I didn't know they ever could, and people twirling in the air as if they had wings and could fly. 

 After the show

The show was completely worth it, and I can't wait to see more Cirque Du Soleil shows during future Las Vegas visits.  I desperately want to see The Beatles one, and I hear a Michael Jackson one is making its way around the country.

Fast forward again a few weeks later, and I am sitting at home watching Knocked Up for the fifth time.  It gets to the scene when they are in Vegas and high on drugs watching Cirque Du Soleil.  I'm sitting there thinking, "Wait a minute....I remember that character...wait a minute....that's Mystère!"  Yep...I just made a reference to "Knocked Up." 

Date Partially Accomplished: March 12th, 2010
Date Accomplished:  October 24th, 2010

2 comments:

Things to Do said...

I saw Love a couple of years ago and (sorry in advance for this bad un-intentional pun) loved it. I'm such a Beatles fan that I seriously think if you looked at my face I would have been just grinning weirdly out of joy the entire time!

10+ visits? I bow down to you!

101 Things Before You Die said...

I got married in Vegas, so I have to say getting a wedding photo in front of the Vegas sign was pretty kickass. I actually don't remember seeing an Elvis impersonator the whole time I was there!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...