Pages

Have Empanadas In Argentina


I grew up eating several varieties of empanadas.  Empanadas are pastries filled with an assortment of vegetables, meats, fruits, and cheeses.  My favorite are the beef empanadas.  Empanadas are not only found in Argentina, but other places in the world have their own versions, such as in Southeast Asia, the Philippines, parts of Europe, Central America and of course South America.

I had heard the Argentine empanadas were amazing.  They were of appetizer size, unlike the ones we found in Chile...

You'll shoot your eye out with the Chilean empanada

The Argentine Empanadas come in two popular styles, the Salta-style (baked), and the Tucuman style (fried).  While watching a Tango show in Buenos Aires I was served Salta-style beef empanadas.  They were delicious and the meat was savory having been marinated in spices.

The one thing I hated was being served only two pieces. 

Date Accomplished:  October 24th, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...