Pages

Spend A Night In A Converted Hotel


A converted hotel is a building that was not initially built to be a hotel, and once upon a time served another purpose.  These converted hotels typically try to keep the spirit of its original structure. Some famous converted hotels have been former palaces, theatres, medieval fortresses, schools, lighthouses, banks, monasteries, and prisons.

Because I'm such a badass...any guesses in which one I stayed at?  Clearly, a Prison, of course.


The Hotel Lowengraben in Lucerne, Switzerland was a former women's prison built in 1862.  It was used as an active prison until 1998. 

The exterior is covered with large barred windows, and the interior is complete with creepy desolate hallways, and heavy wooden cell doors (that required a code typed into a keypad to enter the cell).  Our "cells" were basic, and were equipped with a tiny bathroom (complete with shower), along with two tiny single beds with leather strap headboards. 


So naturally, I did what anyone would do in a prison.....attempt a prison break.  Unfortunately, my escape tactics were lame and pathetic at best.  I should have probably watched the Shawshank Redemption before my stay. 

Here is a little tour of my prison cell....



Date Accomplished:  September 20th, 2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...