Get Lei'd In Hawaii
I'm sorry if you clicked this hoping that I got laid in Hawaii, no, but I did get lei'd.
Lei's are commonly given in Hawaii when arriving to an event, for a celebration or sign of affection.
The most popular type of lei are the orchid lei's. I have watched enough movies filmed in Hawaii to know that most leis in films are given when arriving at the airport or at a hotel. Neither of that happened to me, and I was a tad sad.
I'm not gonna get lei'd. (sad face)
When I went to the Polynesian Cultural Center I began to look around and swoon in jealousy at the people who had lei's around their necks. I was green with envy, and wished someone got me one.
I lined up to enter the luau, and as I entered I was welcomed by two Hawaiian gals with lei's wrapped around their arms welcoming me to the luau. Yay, I got lei'd! Finally! I proudly wore my lei for the remainder of the day, and carefully brought it back to our hotel so I could admire it the following morning. It's amazing what a flower garland can do to your mood!
Date Accomplished: April 24th, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment