My friends and I in front of my new car.
After graduating College one of my immediate goals was to save up money for my very first car. My parents were lending me one of their cars in the meantime. A year later I had saved up enough money to buy my first car.
I went to my bank and was approved for a 3 year car loan with a very low APR. The part of the car buying process that I was most fearful of was the haggling stigma that came along with car dealers. I didn't want to get ripped off.
My dad's friend had success using the Costco Auto Program which takes away the bargaining aspect of car shopping. Basically, Costco has done the bargaining for you, and all you have to do is show up at the dealership!
I test drove a 2005 Honda Accord, loved it, and then picked out the color I wanted. I gave them a check for $10,000 for a down payment, and another check for my car loan. I signed on the dotted line and got the keys to my car! I was able to pay off my car in two years and it officially became mine!!!
Date Accomplished: June 30th, 2005
0 comments:
Post a Comment